One day, someone throws a Sitecore XP 8 package (web application installer/Zip archive + the license of course :D) to you and he says:”You have one month (or less :D) to build a Sitecore development team.” or “We will have Sitecore projects soon, let’s prepare for them.“. That’s an order and no doubt!
What are you gonna do?
- Managing to set up a Sitecore instance on your machine
- Trying to understand Sitecore fundamentals
- Playing with Sitecore APIs
- Doing a case study if any
- Working with a framework
You will know all about Sitecore via Google if you have so much time. Otherwise, you can access this page http://sitecore.link/ (the most complete Collection of Sitecore references ever to exist) and search your needs.
In terms of framework, you will like Sitecore Helix solution and Sitecore Ignition (Sitecore Habitat v/s Sitecore Ignition discussion) if you have quite much experience in Sitecore platform. Otherwise, you can play around with my simple framework.
What can you do with my simple framework?
The main purpose of it is to support Sitecore training/workshop. However, it might be an initiative of your own one for Sitecore development.
- Following Multi-site implementations best practices
- Using Glass.Mapper.Sc – most popular Sitecore ORM
- Using Unicorn – a Sitecore utility designed to simplify deployment of Sitecore items across environments automatically
- Enabling Dependency Injection
- Using Sitecore.FakeDb – unit testing framework for Sitecore.
- Applying build and integration of Sitecore Helix
- Using XML Transforms to support multiple build configurations
What should you do when you get the issues?
Please send your issues (with screenshots if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org so that I have a chance to understand your problem and be able to suggest the solution.
What should you do when you want a big support?
If you set up a Sitecore instance with my simple framework successfully, you will see the page like the image below and will be able to copy/paste and click on the info. Otherwise you can look at the image below and type char by char to get the info 😀
Happy Sitecore Coding!
- Sitecore Helix Documentation
- Multi-site implementations best practices
- Dependency Injection in Sitecore 8.2
- Precompiled Views with Sitecore 8.2
- Sitecore Modular Architecture Example
- Glass.Mapper.Sc Tutorials
- Unit testing framework for Sitecore
- Web.config Transformation Syntax for Web Project Deployment Using Visual Studio